Named of one the Top 100 influential crafters in the UK, Momtaz has worked as a Designer/Maker and was Editor of the UK's oldest craft magazine, Popular Crafts. She has written several crafts books, designed projects for numerous publications, edited a craftzine, founded London's most successful Craft Night The Make Escape and regularly teaches crafts workshops. In 2018 she co-curated the Morgan Stanley Friday Late at The Wallace Collection Museum, where she programmed the arts and crafts activities including curating an exhibition of 10 leading South Asian artists. She continued this Cultural Producer role for 2020 curating their Forgotten Master's Late in March. She has recently been working with lifestyle brand Dunelm to design Christmas crafts projects and with online platform Huff Post to launch their 'Wear and Care' video series, designing a sustainable fashion project.
And it doesn't stop there...
* In September 2020 Momtaz stepped in for Kirstie Allsop to host the Handmade Festival Online, a three-day digital crafts extravaganza. She was previously one of Kirstie's Crafts Experts and appeared at The Handmade Fair in Hampton Court and Bowood House for five years, where she demonstrated crafts live on stage.
* She one of the BBC's Expert Voices as a Crafts Expert.
* She has worked on several high profile projects including Hands On Craft in association with the Voluntary Arts Trust and offers Crafts Consultancy services from advising small craft business start-ups to assisting with research for television production companies.
* Momtaz appeared on the BBC 2 craft series Mastercrafts presented by Monty Don, where she studied an apprenticeship in weaving. Watch highlights here.
* Her craft skillset is wide and includes sewing, papercrafts, jewellery-making, printing & dyeing.
* Momtaz also runs craft workshops and private craft parties for children and adults and at major events such as The National Wedding Show, Knitting and Stitching Show and Country Living Fair.
* Her blog www.CraftandTravel.com focusses on her particular interest in international crafts. It replaces her previous craft and life style blog which was originally commissioned by The Arts Council and which she wrote for a decade.
*Momtaz is keen to present a television series exploring crafts and craft techniques from around the world.